In this post, we will read beautiful and meaningful Mahatma Gandhi quotes. He was one of the true legends and his theories were also amazing. Everyone respects him and his ideologies because they were unique, simple and powerful.
Meaningful Mahatma Gandhi quotes with meaning
1. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.
Mahatma Gandhi believed that those who are weak can never forgive. Because it needs courage and strength to forgive someone. And the one who has these qualities is already strong.
He also believed that we should forgive everyone in our lives as it opens a new dimension of possibilities and makes us stress-free. One who does not forgive will always think about that person and incident which will make him sad and stressful.
2. Hate the sin, love the sinner.
Gandhiji believed that every human is the same from inside.
The only difference is the thought process and belief.
That is why he said that we should hate that thought process and belief rather than hating the person.
Mahatma Gandhi quotes on strenth
3. A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
Only those who are strong, courageous and brave can show and exhibit love. Cowards will never able to exhibit love, if they do opposite then they will become brave too.
It takes something to exhibit love that is why it is the prerogative of the brave.
11 Best Motivational quotes for students
4. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
This is one of the best quotes said by Gandhiji. This quote alone has the power to change the lives of people.
If we live like we have to die tomorrow then we will take those actions which we fear to take. By this line, he surely meant that we should take action regularly without any fear of anything.
In the second point, we should learn as if we were to live forever. This will give you the power to read and learn anything as you know that you have now all-time in the world to experience it.
Gandhiji Quotes on love and peace
5. Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.
He was that personality who always spread love and peace among the people. He believed that the war can only be won by using only one weapon which is love. This quote is also telling you the same thing. That whenever you got involved in any dispute try to win it with love.
Short inspirational quotes for success
Love quotes for her cute and impressive
6. An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.
If someone is planning to fight against you with guns then according to Gandhiji you should not respond with the same. Because the fight will go brutal and life-threatening and will not end on one life. It will also affect the society around you.
7. The future depends on what you do today.
Obviously. What you today will decide your future. If you are sitting in a comfortable zone and not serious about your career, then you will surely be going to have an uneven future.
Take action today if you want to be successful tomorrow.
21 Short Meaningful quotes for you
Short Friendship Quotes and sayings collection
Quotes on helping people
8. To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
He believed that it is better to help one person rather than wasting life in prayer in search of happiness.
9. Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
Earth has only that many resources which can satisfy living beings need. But it will fail to satisfy the greed of living beings. Because need has limited desires but greed is a never-ending thing.
Top 10 Loyalty quotes and sayings with explanation
Quotes about moving on from past in life
Quotes against violence
10. I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
According to Mahatma Gandhi, violence is only better on a temporary basis. In the long run, it will be proved evil one day. He always believed that love and peace is the only solution for any dispute. If we go hard with violence then it will cause damage to both the parties.
Short positive quotes with meaning
11 Short God quotes by famous personalities
11. You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.
Don’t waste time thinking about the results of your actions. Instead, take as much action as you can. Because only taking action can produce the possibility of success. If you do not do anything then there will be guaranteed failure.
12. I cannot conceive of a greater loss than the loss of one’s self-respect.
13. The day the power of love overrules the love of power, the world will know peace.
14. Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
15. You don’t know who is important to you until you actually lose them.
You can learn more about Mahatma Gandhi from Wikipedia.
In the series of quotes by famous people, this is the first post in which you have read Mahatma Gandhi quotes.
I hope you like this post and specifically the explanation part. You can tell us your views, suggestions, and thoughts in the comment section below the post.